Michael is happy to offer volunteering opportunities to students in Northampton North when possible. Whilst there is unfortunately little space to accommodate students in Michael's Westminster Office, he can arrange for students to spend time volunteering in his Campaign Office in Northampton. The placement gives young people an insight in to local politics and a chance to boost their campaigning skills. Students will be able to help with a number of tasks depending on their abilities, these include:
- Researching local issues for Michael's regular leaflets and surveys.
- Taking press-cuttings
- Accompanying Michael to a meeting or community event in Northampton
- Assisting with office duties
- Surveying constituents for their views, either by phone, email or joining in with a canvass session
- A day trip to the Houses of Parliament depending on the Parliamentary diary.
If you would like to enquire about volunteering opportunities please send Michael an email introducing yourself.